Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Citrus Water


Seems like I have been seeing an awful lot of posts about dieting, getting in shape and/or losing a few pounds here recently and it seems I'm in the same boat.  I've been pouting about it for months, because I was down 20 pounds and two dress sizes at Christmas after a year of hard work (Yay me!), but it just been in the last week that I've finally gotten motivated to take action . . . again (sigh).


It was also 92 degrees this morning at 9:00 AM and boy howdy is it ever hot now!!!  Either way, we could all use more water in our routine, so I decided to help myself (and my family) out with this simple trick for healthy living by putting the water front and center - of the kitchen that is!


I decided to dust off my drink dispenser and, fill it with some flavored water and keep in on the kitchen island to remind myself to DRINK UP!  This fabulous, little number came from Paul Michael.  I just luuuuuv it and I am so happy to be seeing it every day instead of just during get togethers, which we seem to be having far too few of lately!


Last time we were out visiting Speed in California (where he used to go for work quite regularly), they always had fresh, citrus-flavored water in the lobby every day and we would grab a glass each time we walked through.  So simple and so yummy!


Today I simly sliced up a fresh orange and floated in my water and ice - so refreshing!  I've also used lemon, cucumber and fresh mint from my garden!  All no calorie!  All delicious! {Mmmmmm}


You might even try cantalope water.  I had it served at a conference back in February and it wasn't my cup of tea, but many of my colleagues thought it was quite yummy, so don't be afraid to experiment with new flavors to figure out what you might like best!



And did you happen to catch my latest 'find' in one of the pictures above?!  Not sure it's staying where it is right now, so I haven't decided what color I want to paint it just yet.  Suggestions?

Happy (HOT) Summer Y'all!

Sharing this sweet summer sipper at Wow Us Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment