Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Fun-Fetti!

What have you been up to this summer?  We've been busy doing, among other things, some baking.  The kids love to get in the kitchen and it's one of my favorite places to be as well, so it's always been a 'go-to' activity for us!

I don't normally use mixes when I make a cake (although I have been known to use a box mix as a starting point.  Love me some Cake Doctor), but when Sheep laid eyes on the fun-fetti cake mix, she knew it was the cake for her!  You know the one I'm talkin' about.  It's a white cake with rainbow sprinkles in the mix and let me tell you, my girl just loves sprinkles!  On ice cream, on cup cakes, even on waffles and pancakes - bleck!

<strong>Funfetti®</strong> <strong>Moist Supreme®</strong> Premium Cake Mix
 Truth is, I've always loved fun-fetti cakes too because they really are so much fun - like a little surprise inside!  Well, after celebrating several occasions with a boxed mix fun-fetti cake, I decided that I could probably just make my own somehow and gave it a try with some Wilton Rainbow Jimmies mixed in the batter.  (Needless to say, we don't always have a fun-fetti cake mix in the pantry but we must ALWAYS have sprinkles!)  It worked like a charm!



Aren't they cute?!! 

So, now you can use your favorite cake recipe and just add jimmies to the batter
(the more the merrier) for a little fun-fetti of your own!

Hope you're enjoying your summer as much as we are.  Hope to get a few posts up soon about our adventures, but we're having so much fun that I haven't had time to sit down and write about it so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment