Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Handprint Art


I hope everyone  Valentines as much as we did!  It's one of my most favorite holidays, in part because it's (comparatively) so low-key.  No costumes.  No wish list.  No God-forsaken elf, or any other mythical creature, to contend with for that matter.

Just Me+ You = LOVE!

{Simple}

But that doesn't mean I don't like to do a few sweet things in February.
Like this quick hand-print valentine  from The Idea Room that I ran across while looking for class party ideas.

I used it in my CCE class last week, and with the exception of one little girl who appears to be allergic to the Crayola tempera paint we used for the hand-prints, it came out great!


But Sheep decided she wanted to make her valentine for Snacks ( I just love how my littlest two heart each other!) and I wanted one for myself to frame and put out each year.

Problem is, we don't have much space for display and even though their hands are small, the heart ends up bigger than you might think.  I couldn't even get Snacks' on a 5 X 7 sheet of paper and he's not yet four.  So I decided to combine their hand-prints into a single heart instead.


I just lined up their palms so the heart was straight and stamped away!
I love it!


After it dried, I added my own writing around the perimeter.
It took a couple of tries using very light pencil to get the spacing how I wanted it.
Then I went over it with a felt-tipped pen and erased my pencil.
I used thicker, art/watercolor paper for this project so it held up to the writing and erasing well.

I didn't find the saying anywhere - It came straight from my heart.
But feel free to use it if you'd like.

With the exception of the dollar store frame, we had everything else on hand for this project so it was really inexpensive.  And I like it so much that I don't think I'll be taking it down any time soon!

XOXO - Jen


Sharing this sassy project at some or all of these great parties: Under the Table and Dreaming, Totally Overflowing with Creativity, Three Mango Seeds, Classy Cutter, Serenity You, House of Hepworth, Skip to my Lou, LadyBug Blessings, Nap Time Creations, The Style Sisters, Polkadots on Pararde, Rae Gun Ramblings,Costal Charm, Not Just a Housewife, Domestically Speaking, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Gunny Sack, Gingersnap Crafts, Southern Lovely, Lil Luna, Someday Crafts, The NY Melrose Family, The DIY Dreamer, The Blackberry Vine, Homeworks, The Rustic Pig, Cornerstone Confessions, Kathe with an E, House on the Way, PJH Desgin, Glued to my Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Seven Alive, Made in a Day, Live Laugh and Love, A Creative Place, Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson, Home and Gardens, It Happens In a Blink, I Gotta Create, Domestic Super Hero, All Pretty Things, Katie's Nesting Spot, 52 Mantels, Truly Lovely, Twinkle in the Eye, Happy Hour Projects, Six Sisters Stuff, Tutus and Tea Parties, Mop It Up Monday, Saturday Show and Tell, Moonlight and Mason Jars, The Scoop, Wow Us Wednesdays, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Share Your Stuff Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment